We have been working hard to ensure we are ready for a safe and clean reopening. We are looking forward to welcoming you back through our doors from 4th July, in line with Government guidance.
What to Expect
To make your visit as comfortable, enjoyable and safe as possible we have made the following changes to The Cat. We have been incredibly thorough in our planning and preparations and remain reactive as we learn more with Government and industry guidelines.
Reservations to dine will be essential, as we have fewer tables in the pub. We also wish to avoid numbers of people arriving at the same time. Reservations will be staggered and we would ask you arrive on time for your reservation.
• It goes without saying, but we should state the obvious – if you have any symptoms of COVID 19, please do not visit.
• Currently, we can look after a maximum of 8 people on one table from two households.
• Should you wish to come for a drink out of Food Service times, reservations will not be required. You will be most welcome. A table of 6 is permitted outside, but not inside.
• Please maintain your distance from other diners – 2m where possible or 1m plus. We ask those bringing Children to dine, to supervise them and for them to be aware of social distance.
2. The Bar
• Will not be in use until we are given guidance that it can reopen. All drinks will be served at a table.
• Entrance to the pub will be via the Back Door – Carpark/Garden Entrance
• We will ask you sanitise your hands before entering the building
• Please wait to be welcomed by a member of the team,
• Your temperature will be checked on arrival and if over 37.8c we will refuse entry to the building
• Your contact details for all guests dining will be taken and kept for 30 days to assist with Track and Trace, should there be an outbreak of COVID-19
• You will be shown to your table by a member of the team
• Whilst we are used to a hug and a handshake from many of you, sadly no physical contact for the time being! I think we will all need huge hugs when we are allowed too.
4. At the Table
• We have created individual booths for your to enjoy your meal and we hope these will provide a sufficient physical barrier between you and other diners
• We will offer single use menus and wine list
• Napkins, Cutlery, Water and Glassware will be brought to the table once you arrive.
• Food and Drinks will be ordered from the table and delivered in the normal way. Our team maybe wearing facemasks, so while you may not see their smile, trust us they are as warm as always.
• Should you require any condiments, these will be brought by a member of the team in individual sachets – not very Cat but recommended in all guidelines.
• Should you require to use the toilet on your visit, please observe the occupied and vacant lights above the entrance to the toilets.
• Payment – we would prefer Debit/Credit Card, Amex or Apple pay to cash.
• We would ask you to leave via the Front Door to the left of the bar and sanitise your hands on the way out.
We have created two teams of chefs in the kitchen (a bubble).
Our Front of House will be similar format.
All staff will have their temperatures checked when coming to work
Sanitiser and hand soap is located in the back of house as well as the front.
• All rooms will be thoroughly cleaned after guest departure.
• We will use an anti viral fogging machine following departure.
• Soft furnishing – bed throws and cushions will be removed from the room.
• Magazine and books will be available to be used and then quarantined for 5 days after departure.
• Hand sanitiser will be in the rooms for guests to use during their stay and to take home with them.
• Room keys will be sanitised after departure and left in envelope in the room for new guests.
• We will ask you to strip your bed before departure and place linen and towels in a bag before departure.